Posted: Jul. 25, 2017
Aki is a high-growth mobile advertising company based in San Francisco with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Mexico City. Founded 2 years ago by the team that started Mobile Theory (sold to Opera for $50M) Aki's mission is to improve the delivery of mobile ads by enabling brands to target the right moments for delivering their ads. We work with 50+ top brands and the business has been skyrocketing due to an excellent product-market fit as well as our innovative products powered by solid technology.
The engineering team has been building a lot of components and is facing ever-increasing challenges: from having to process 10-15M daily events to have to run queries on 30B monthly records to generate reports in under 5 minutes. Plenty of areas to experiment, learn and grow. Our team is shaping the future of advertising by combining several new signals that weren't available before and quickly releasing new products that the market is loving.
What we’re looking for
- You'll be helping us process over 30B of monthly records in the most efficient way possible working closely with really sharp minds.
- You have previous experience or a big interest in handling big amounts of data (1-10M/day).
- 5+ years coding in Java.
- Plenty of experience with DBMSs like PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch and Redis.
- If you've built your own DBMS we really need to talk :)
- Nice to haves: experience in apache spark or hadoop, any Machine Learning experience, experience in advertising.
- You know how to write code for processing 500 rows and code for 500M rows.
- You like: to keep things simple, to write clean, beautiful and testable code, to work remotely and to communicate efficiently in a written way.