Country: United States
City: San Francisco/Remote
Job Number: 17013
Posted: May 26, 2017
Aki Technologies is a data-driven platform that is unlocking the power of mobile advertising for the largest brands in the world. Our proprietary and patented data is at the heart of understanding the moments when mobile users are most receptive to ads. As a member of the Data Science team, your work will be critical in helping Aki analyze and understand the massive amount of data it has available.
We are looking for experienced Data Analysts that excel at using data to tell a story. In addition to having solid technical skills, the ideal candidate will have strong business intuition and communication skills. This role requires the ability to not just look at numbers, but also consider client context, motivations, and needs.
While some of our analyses use established BI tools and analyses, this role requires enough coding skills to manipulate data to look at problems in custom ways.
What you’ll do
- Analyze very large data sets of ongoing and completed ad campaigns
- Generate meaningful insights for our sales team and clients and deliver them through reports and presentations
- Respond to ad hoc questions regarding user behavior or campaign performance
- Develop tools for data processing, information retrieval, and analysis automation
- Acquire data from a variety of data stores, including SQL, AWS S3, and Elasticsearch
- Work with engineers to implement analytics solutions into production
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of industry experience solving real-world business problems
- Business acumen and intuition that enable high quality analysis hypotheses
- Solid grasp of Python or R for data manipulation and analysis
- Fundamental understanding of statistics
- Excellent communication skills to converse with sales, operations, and engineers
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate with teammates from varying backgrounds to translate business needs into analyses