City: San Francisco
Posted: Feb. 1, 2016
Aki Technologies is a data-driven platform that is unlocking the power of mobile advertising for the largest brands in the world. Our proprietary and patented data is at the heart of understanding the moments when mobile users are most receptive to ads. As a member of the Data Science team, your work will impact everything Aki does, including campaign analysis, bidding optimization, and moment classification.
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists that are well versed in all aspects of the discipline. Your skills in linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, and time series analysis will all be emphasized in this role. Communication skills will also be critical as you work with all functions within Aki, including Ad Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing, and Product Development.
You will be asked to own your own projects from Day 1, so 2+ years of full-time industry experience is required. Additionally, we move fast, so your experience should include putting code into production. If you think you can help us, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Wrangle and analyze very large data sets to optimize ongoing campaigns in real-time
- Develop tools for data pre-processing, information retrieval, and analysis automation
- Build unsupervised and supervised machine learning models with extensive feature engineering
- Create and deliver presentations for clients and internal stakeholders
- Implement your prototype code into production
- Working with engineers to implement analytics solutions into production
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of industry experience solving real-world business problems
- Strong grasp of Python for data manipulation and analysis; experience using Spark and Scala a strong plus
- Fundamental understanding of linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, and machine learning to solve business problems
- Knowledge of time series analysis and signal processing
- Comfort working in AWS
- Business acumen and intuition that enable high quality analysis hypotheses
- Excellent communication skills with ability to converse with engineers as well as our non-technical leadership
- Interpersonal skills to work with teammates from varying backgrounds to translate business needs into analysis requirements