City: Mexico City Area
Job Number: 17029
Posted: Nov. 8, 2017
Aki is a high-growth mobile advertising company based in San Francisco with offices in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Mexico City. Founded 2 years ago by the team that started Mobile Theory (sold to Opera for $50M) Aki's mission is to improve the delivery of mobile ads by enabling brands to target the right moments for delivering their ads. We work with 50+ top brands and the business has been skyrocketing due to an excellent product-market fit as well as our innovative products powered by solid technology.
The engineering team has been building a lot of components and is facing ever-increasing challenges: from having to process 10-15M daily events to have to run queries on 30B monthly records to generate reports in under 5 minutes. Plenty of areas to experiment, learn and grow. Our team is shaping the future of advertising by combining several new signals that weren't available before and quickly releasing new products that the market is loving.
What we're looking for
- You'll be working on the main interaction point of our users with the platform.
- Good amount of experience working on highly efficient JS apps.
- Main goals: re-architect our component architecture, improve our testing suite, and speed up our continuous deployment pipeline.
- We have a very strong focus on performance (loading times, size of the page) and end-user delight.
- Strong JS is a must.
- Someone with a keen eye to design is a great plus.
- Our current stack is React+Redux but we still have some legacy Meteor code that we need to migrate.
- Previous experience in advertising is nice to have.
- You like to keep things simple, to write clean, beautiful and testable code, to work remotely and to communicate efficiently in a written way.